Hawthorn House, 2015
- To construct an extension behind the beautiful Victorian cottage, all lacy with pretty details but too small for the needs of today’s family.
- Retain the front four rooms as bedrooms and a study and build a modern extension to allow sufficient additional room for the whole family.
- Build a roomy master bedroom with ensuite and parents retreat upstairs.
- Include a kitchen family area on ground level with a cleverly designed round in shape children’s play area that can be isolated from the living areas by way of sliding glass doors. This feature enables viewing the children while cooking and food preparation.
- Add a private spa as well as a deck in the back to match the level of the garden.
- Successful completion of all facets of the brief and an extension that has added considerable value to an already highly desirable property.